Monday, September 7, 2009

WHorage at its finest!!!

As the wars petered out and we switched focus to the upcoming Alliance tournament I went back to my roots to hunt targets in WHs.

I started realizing that the class 2 WHs that are all over the place with POSs in them are probably not the best places to find the best targets.

Class 2 WHs are pretty worthless from a carebear perspective, and because of this, the only real reason to have a POS there is to get to a static class 3 or class 4 with better isk potential.

That being the case, I started taking the time to probe down the static 3 / 4 entrances in each of the class 2 WHs with POSs that I came across.

It was spectacularly successful.

On the first day of doing this I found a class 2 with a large pos and a static entrance to a 3. I checked out the 3 and saw that it had about 14 anomalies, and no POSs. I remember commenting to a corp mate that that 3 would be absolutely perfect for the inhabitants of the class 2 except for the fact that I knew it was there.

Oh how true that turned out to be!

Not long after, I poked a head back into the class 2 WH (from hi-sec) to see a GOLEM and Apocalypse on scan. They disappeared off scan quickly in the general direction of the class 3!

SCORE!

Giving them a little time to get ahead, I jumped into the 3 and started scanning with the ship scanner so as not to spook them. Wrecks on scan and I was able to quickly find and warp in on the targets.

They were sitting perfectly stationary about 5km from each other and just wrecking the sleepers!

I got my proteus into a tight orbit, got the Maelstrom positioned outside the class 3 entrance and then decloaked and began to agress the golem. His tank was holding steady as the maelstrom landed in the fray so I switched the proteus dps to the Apoc who quickly began to drop.

At this point a new sleeper spawn showed up and started agressing my Maelstrom.

The golem's tank was still holding... what the heck was this guy fit with! My maelstrom tank is now being overloaded by the sleepers and I'm tanking armor damage but the golem is finally starting to drop into armor.

Not too long after... I get a pretty explosion and a GF in local.

Phew... GF indeed.

http://www.freelancerunion.co.uk/eve-killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=17151

I can't believe how expensively this guy was fit!!!

I was so glad to get the kill.. and then so crushed to see the Estamel's Boost Amp not drop! But oh well.. I'll take solace in the 709m that the Photon Hardener sold for the next morning.

I think I like this looking deeper into the WHs thing :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey there. Just wanted to let you know that I've been enjoying your blog so far. You seem to take a very measured approach to PvP. Also, well done at the tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind comments! It's always nice to know that someone out there is actually reading!

    And we hope to go far in this year's tourney. We surprised a lot of people last time... so we'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete