Saturday, September 26, 2009

Walk a Mile - POS Ops

While waiting for the wars to start, I continued scanning wormholes for Sleeper Harassers.

A couple of drakes in a class 3 wormhole were exploiting sleeper targets when I found them. One of the drakes was able to retreat to the safety of his POS next door. One was not.

As I warped in to see what else was going on in that POS, I noticed that some of the modules were offlining. Hmmm... this could be interesting.

Unfortunately for me my pilot picked that moment to come down with a severe case of Angular Follicle Kaliculitis (otherwise known as AFK) and I missed some of what was going on.

There was one less pilot in the POS when I recovered and I decided to check next door again to see if he'd gone there.

Damn! I was moments too late. A large Caldari Control Tower was anchoring in the Class 3 POS next door and had 26 minutes to go. I decided to take up an orbit while cloaked and see what came when the POS finished anchoring.

Within minutes of the timer finishing, a Viator uncloaked and started the online timer. I quickly locked him and shut down his warp drive. Not a profitable kill, but maybe I could prevent this corporation from expanded their base of operations against the poor Sleepers. The viator kill was a start.

Going back to watch the original POS I saw them continuing to unanchor modules as they seemed to be preparing to move them to the newly onlined POS next door.

I let a few cov ops ships fly back and forth unmolested before finally I saw what I'd been waiting for. Their orca was picking up all the newly unanchored mods and started to align towards the wormhole.

By this time, I had had a few more friends ask if they could join in on the fun and, my primary interest being the protection of the Sleepers, I of course said they were welcome to join the party.

As I realized the Orca was on the move, I made sure we had cloaked pilots on either side of the wormhole he was going to and waited for the action. It wasn't long before he was well and truly tackled and going down hard and fast.

We were well on the way to ruining the profitability of this particular venture. It was a good day's work.

It got even better when I decided to check on the tower that had only gotten one small bit of fuel into it one last time before I returned to k-space and docked up for the night.

The force field was down and they'd started the unanchoring process. I watched the timer count down and then ran off the Iteron Mark V they sent in to scoop it (I just decloaked as he came through the wormhole so he'd realize his efforts were futile. I didn't want to have to risk the tower getting destroyed in the inevitable hauler explosion).

The only problem was that the WormHole I'd been using to enter this system had recently collapsed. I launched probes and started scanning while I orbitted the offline and unanchored POS in the proteus.

Fortunately for me, I was able to find an entrance to hi-sec with a hauler only 1 jump from the Wormhole entrance. I'd have to trust that they were too scared of me to scoop the hauler in my absence. God Bless the fact that there is no local communication channel in WormHoles as this was the only thing that would give me a chance.

Session timers and warps never felt so long as when I rushed out to jump in a hauler and return.

\o/ Yay!! The tower was still there. 365,000,000 isk I can now apply to efforts against those who are too callous to walk a mile in the shoes of their victims.

No comments:

Post a Comment