Saturday, September 19, 2009

Just call me Ahab!

A few days and a few random kills later (thanks to Jack Soul for the cameo appearance.. you need to fly with us more often!) I was finally able to find some more time to police the WormHoles of Eve.

On this particular morning I was bummed because I'd fallen asleep watching the entrance of a class 3 WH and woken back up to find someone onlining a POS in the WH that they'd brought in with their orca.

The first guns were only just finishing their countdown so I'd only just missed them :(

I tried a few tricks (HIC on the WH etc to catch them) but no dice...

Not too long after I found another WH a couple jumps away with not one but two Orcas in it and the modules still going up. This was getting depressing!

Except that it looked like one of the Orcas was aligning to go somewhere.

"What?!?!"

"He's warping to the planet? WTF!"

Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth I warped the proteus on top of him and started the dance of death.

The orca was entering armor when a Hurricane and Drake showed up to help him.

GenePool put a point on the Hurricane but the Orca took too long to die and the Drake was able to get in warp and away.

If you look up the cliche "Too Little Too Late" you're quite likely to find a picture of the Hurricane pilot standing next to a slag heap of melted ducktape looking dejected.

The Orca pilot didn't have the decency to drop anything I felt like I needed to get a hauler to pick up for me so I decided to watch the POS and see if the second orca in the POS would try and go pick up the loot from the first.

Apparently they weren't that stupid... but they also weren't that smart.

Later that night, I'd just gotten a new pilot to put in an App for the corp but because Gene and gutted are out of the corp for the alliance tourney I wasn't able to accept his application right away.

Not one to let that deter us, we brought him along as I started a new hunt.

One of the WHs I'd found previously had an Orca and a Hulk mining (seemingly afk) in it.

What an introduction to flying with HOW!


2 x Orcas in less than 24 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment