Saturday, September 12, 2009

Efficiency

Within my alliance... I'm known as something of a nut.

I fly expensive ships into large blobs and either live or die on the edge. I do a lot of dying but I've found a pretty foolproof way to make enough isk to allow me to not care that much and in my opinion the only reason to make isk is to lose it.

With that in mind, I've never really managed to make much isk doing PvP just because I'd almost always rather find a good fight than find one I'm guaranteed to win.

So that's what makes this latest run of kills so amazing for me.

I've got two ships that I'm able to fly with a great deal of success and while I'm probably jinxing myself by posting this, I must admit an even larger degree of fun.

WHorage certainly isn't for everyone as not all have the patience for the time investment associated with scanning down WormHoles and targets inside of them, but the rewards are definitely there.

Game Mechanics are such that I can usually find manageable fights and while many of them are like 'clubbing baby seals'... as I've grown more comfortable with my ships capabilities I've pushed the limits of the targets I've engaged.

I often find myself taking my two ships against 2-3 battleships with jamming recons on the field and coming out ahead.

Part of that is carebear instincts working in my favor. If your first instinct is to run in terror I have no qualms about chaining you down and shooting you in the back.

Part of that is just a good understanding of the Paper, Rock, Scissors that is EVE ship combat and knowing how to turn things to my favor.

In any case, these two ships have accounted for the following kills in WormHoles alone in the last 30 days:

3 Golems
1 Megathron Navy Issue
1 Loki
2 Falcons
1 Nighthawk
11 BS's
1 Sacrilege
4 BCs
1 Moa
4 Mining Barge (including several hulks)
2 Industrial
1 Cov-ops
2 pods

All of the above with zero losses.

I've looted over 2 billion isk

As I said.. I'm sure I just jinxed myself terribly... but I've really enjoyed this WHorage stuff so far and am looking forward to much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment