Saturday, September 26, 2009

Walk a Mile - Pos Ops Take 2

I was checking out random wormholes while waiting for the wars to start.

What was this? A Large Amarr Control Tower with Mobile Labs and Corp Hangars and no Force Field?

This was worth checking out!

I found the POS with the proteus only to see it had an "Onlining Timer" at 26 minutes. This was going to have to go quick!

I quickly brought in the Maelstrom and started blowing stuff up while putting out the call on Comms.

"Bring a Hauler! This is gonna be great!"

Only one pilot was close enough to make it before the POS finished onlining and Tarkis jumped in a Bestower.

As he was getting closer, I sent gutted back to snag an iteron. The mobile labs had nothing, but there were a TON of jet cans from the Corp Hangar wrecks.

I started categorizing the stuff to grab with Genepool in a separate can to make it quick. Most of the arrays were down but the timer was down to 5 minutes.

gutted gave Tarkis a warp in to the outside of the wormhole with his newly acquired Iteron IV and we went to the POS together.

gutted was able to fit most of the good loot in her hauler (250-350m of T2, best named, and reaction stuff) and Tarkis didn't quite have room for the POS stuff in his.

It was at that point that I noticed the ship hangar array. How could I have missed it?

I started in on it and it popped quickly.

We were down to about 4 minutes on the online timer at this point.

An Orca, Osprey, Hulk, shuttle and a Harbinger popped out of the hangar array.

Since Tarkis' bestower was empty, he quickly swapped to the Harbinger (fully fitted and rigged with a mix of T2 and best named) and we started in on the Orca.

It and the hulk went down fairly fast. We were down to 1 minute on the timer when I aligned Gene and gutted to get them out of there.

Tarkis stuck around and finished off the Osprey and the shuttle.

Dead POS stuff here.

Unfortunately, no mails from the ships. :(




Hi GenePool Chlorinator,

Thank you for contacting customer support.
I'm afraid there is no kill mail for those ships which were stored in a ship maintenance array as no pilots were in those ships. Thanks.

Best regards,
GM Valentine



While all of the above was going on, 2 Ravens had come into the system and started killing my friends the sleepers.

We came back in combat ships after we'd finished the hauling and finished the first Raven.

Unfortunately, the second one got away before we were able to tackle it.

However, we slowed down on killing the first one so that everyone could get on the mail. Funny enough, the second raven came back in right as the first one popped. I guess he thought maybe he could turn the tide since we were taking a bit longer to kill his buddy.

He was wrong.

All in all another good day.

No thank you notes from the Sleeper's yet.

But none are needed to be honest. I sleep better knowing I'm doing my part.

1 comment:

  1. I see you've been very busy Gene :) Once Aion gets boring I'll see about reactivating my Eve acc and getting back into the fray.

    And good to see you picked a good cause to help :P

    Good hunting m8.

    ReplyDelete