Saturday, September 12, 2009

Alliance Tourney

So... GenePool was needed by the parent alliance to participate in the Alliance Tourney...

This is my first experience with this illustrious event and I was excited! Unafilliated had done well in the previous tournament (which I didn't get to fly in due to real life commitments) and so were guaranteed an entry in this years tournament.

After helping out with the fleet composition plan and then buying a ton of implants for the team we were all set in our station waiting for the GMs to join us and move us to Jove space.

After what seemed like forever, it was time.

We were jumped to Jove space, told to pick a team beacon to warp to, and then warp to the arena at our desired range.

We did and found ourselves facing the two tengus, loki, 2 drakes and some other odds and ends of The Honda Accord.

CCP Claw counted down in local and I began trying to lock the bad guys right after he said go.

"Damn this is taking forever to lock...."

"WTH.. seriously? Crashed right after he said go?"

Spazzing a bit at this point I checked my router to confirm everything was ok and then started trying to spam log in again.

I was able to get in right as their loki pilot ended up in his pod.

Turns out the team didn't really need my DPS... but I still managed to get myself on or near the top of the next few mails to make up for my tardiness.

Clean sweep! Was good fun and I'm really looking forward to the round 2 fight against Ushra'khan today.

They swept their opponents as well so it should be a blast.

The only downside is that due to active wars in HOW, I had to move Genepool to -U- to allow him to participate.

This isn't such a big deal, but it means I've had to put the Empire Wars side of our activities on hold while we fight in the alliance tourney.

Some of our pilots in HOW are getting antsy so I'm anxious to get back in and start the carnage. We're debating war deccing wormhole corporations so we can camp the empire side of their hi-sec entrances..

I'm also thinking we should extend our activities to war deccing corps with lightly defended POSs with lotsa advanced laboratories and no stations in local. BPOs for the win :)

In either case, we'll need more numbers to get the job done. Be sure and let me know if these activities sound like fun to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment