Saturday, September 19, 2009

Back on the horse...

They say when you fall off a horse the thing to do is get right back on again...

I think the same is true about doing the podwalk of shame.

It's best to get right back in your ship and throw yourself down the warp tunnel to the chaos that is combat in EVE as quickly as possible.

Fortunately, I have various ships stashed all over EVE because I'm too lazy to ferry my old ones around. It's easier to just buy new.

Sometimes (like when you're camped by war targets) buying new can be the only option.

The bottom line was that I had a spare Maelstrom sitting around and I was able to quickly jump back in it to get things going again.

gutted scanned us out a new class 3 WH with a bunch of wrecks (frigate wrecks that belonged to capsuleers and not sleepers) on scan and a rather large POS. There were also combat probes all over creation. Almost like pilots had been trying to scan down the abaddon I found in a sleeper site only to die horrible deaths.

Could this be a TARP?

The abaddon was just sitting there 230km from the sleeper site (and still being shot of course.. sleepers are imba!) not doing much of anything.

Asking Tarkis what he thought I got something along the lines of "I'm game if you are" and then "Let's do it!"

Never one to want to look back later and regret missed opportunities I followed the abaddon into warp when he warped back into the sleeper site.

Decloak, scram, tight orbit, call for the pilgrim to ruin his day and wait for the recons of doom to show themselves and ruin my day.

Unfortunately for the abaddon, the recons never showed up... just GenePool and Tarkis....

Before long we gave the abaddon the opportunity to perform the pod walk of shame.

WTS: Khanid Large Armor Repper

On the face of it, this was good loot... in practice it's just frustrating because people don't think to search for that particular faction. They just buy Amarr Navy.

In any case, I felt vindicated and ready to continue my WHorage and Pillaging.

One other interesting note... Tarkis was chuckling after that "That Abaddon must think we're Pr0!"

I hadn't given it much thought, but it really must've been pretty unsettling for him to warp back into start killing sleepers and find himself tackled and dying himself less than 20 seconds later.

"Damn those guys are fast!"

No comments:

Post a Comment