Saturday, September 19, 2009

Same Day.. Different Tengu...

Later that same day I was camping inside a different class 3 WH waiting for targets to come by when I randomly decided to hit the scan button and found a Raven on scan named 'Wacky' something or other.

Raven looked like a pretty good opportunity so I started warping around trying to find him when I noticed an Orca on scan. This was getting better!

Unfortunately, they both disappeared off scan before I got them narrowed down to a point I felt like I wanted to drop probes. The only thing I could imagine was that they must've warped from one WH to another and off of scan. This would bear some investigating.

As I was preparing to drop probes and solve the mystery I hit scan one more time only to see a 'Tengu' on scan also named 'Wack' something or another.

It appears that patience, even unintentional patience, is still a good thing.

It didn't take long to scan him down and warp in on him. I started orbitting at about 2km and then decloaked and scrammed him.

I was hitting him as hard as I could and his shields were only a sliver. He was definitely active tanked and it felt like he was tanked pretty expensively.

Fortunately for me, Tarkis has the ultimate solution for active tanks.

Shortly after he landed and turned on the neuts we were taking huge chunks out of the Tengu's tank.

Shortly after that there was a pretty explosion and I was celebrating my second T3 kill (other than the tourney).

He was definitely fit well... unfortunately the Eve PvP gods claimed the majority of his loot for their own. Still, at least we have the satisfaction of knowing we'd ruined his day.

1.5 billion of loot lost (before the cost of the ship) is something even the most rich pilots don't want to go through every day.

In the end, I asked Tarkis if that was his first T3 kill and what he thought...

"Felt a lot like killing a caracal tbh"

Classic!

2 comments:

  1. Great kill, man! I still can't believe you find all this stuff. I'm pretty envious tbh. And too bad the loot gods decided to eff you over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all good... the kill was fun.. but I would've liked to profit a bit more from it.

    Just bring a DPS ship sometime if you want in on the action. We have tackle etc.

    Having probes fit to help find WHs is a good thing too :)

    ReplyDelete