Saturday, September 12, 2009

Even better??? First Strategic Cruiser Death!

So 2 days after the Golem kill I was working from home and decided to park myself inside a Class 3 WH while I worked. Not too far into the day I hear that beautiful sound of the WH firing.

As my buddy Anjelle says, it's kinda like the StarCraft trooper taking the StimPack..."Ah... that's the stuff"...

Interest picks up... heart rate quickens... what's coming into my web?

Loki!

Tengu!!!

Raven....

Hmmm.. very interesting!

So... I let them warp off the WH cause past mistakes have taught me that tackling ships on a WH is pretty hard to do.

They head in the direction of a planet and I follow to use the ship scanner. 3 cosmic anomalies on scan... it's a simple matter to use the map to figure out which one they're in.

I warp in at 20km and see the Tengu and Raven sitting right on top of each other and the Loki flying around shooting.... missiles?? mmmm... interesting!

Time passes... 10-15 minutes later they are down to just a single sleeper cruiser and it's time to make my move.

I've been trying to slowly close on the Tengu as I figure he's probably the juiciest fit... but he Afterburners out of range right as they get down to just one sleeper right as the Loki comes to me.

Moment of truth...

Decloak, tackle... close... blasters hot!

Genepool completes his warp in right as the oh to predictable carebear instincts kick in for his friends and they both warp...

"Damn! I wanted to tackle the Tengu also"

The Loki is tanking well until the neuts hit at which point he decides he should switch his DPS from my proteus to my Maelstrom...

It's just as well.. the truth is that without his friends he doesn't have a prayer of breaking either tank...

At this point the Raven warps back in and I wonder if they've decided to protect their friend... but what's this? The Raven is at 100km? Wasn't he torp fit?

Yes... he's either forgetful or just an idiot.. (or wanted to be able to say "Don't worry bud.. I'll save you" on Vent without risking his ship)

At this point the loki is hitting structure and I'm closing to scoop loot.

http://www.freelancerunion.co.uk/eve-killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=17239

2009.09.02 14:59

Victim: Palden Lhamo
Corp: The Versatile Business System
Alliance: None
Faction: NONE
Destroyed: Loki
System: J120124
Security: 0.0
Damage Taken: 17018

Involved parties:

Name: Emergent Defender / Unknown
Damage Done: 7209

Name: gutted
Security: -1.2
Corp: Freelancer Union
Alliance: Unaffiliated
Faction: NONE
Ship: Proteus
Weapon: Proteus
Damage Done: 5057

Name: GenePool Chlorinator (laid the final blow)
Security: -1.6
Corp: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Alliance: None
Faction: NONE
Ship: Maelstrom
Weapon: 800mm Repeating Artillery II
Damage Done: 4752


Destroyed items:

Heavy Missile Launcher II
Heavy Missile Launcher II
Heavy Missile Launcher II
Thunderbolt Fury Heavy Missile, Qty: 41
Republic Fleet EMP M, Qty: 43
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
Gallente Navy Stasis Webifier
Gallente Navy Stasis Webifier
Cap Recharger I
Corpus A-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Capacitor Power Relay II
True Sansha Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Amarr Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Thunderbolt Precision Heavy Missile, Qty: 1000 (Cargo)
Thunderbolt Fury Heavy Missile, Qty: 5677 (Cargo)
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II, Qty: 2
Hammerhead II (Drone Bay)
Warrior II (Drone Bay)
Loki Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers
Loki Electronics - Immobility Drivers
Loki Engineering - Augmented Capacitor Reservoir
Loki Defensive - Adaptive Augmenter
Loki Offensive - Hardpoint Efficiency Configuration

Dropped items:

Heavy Missile Launcher II
Republic Fleet EMP M, Qty: 44
Thunderbolt Fury Heavy Missile, Qty: 44
Large Capacitor Battery II
Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Corpus A-Type Armor Explosive Hardener
Nanite Repair Paste, Qty: 864 (Cargo)
Republic Fleet EMP M, Qty: 1262 (Cargo)
Hammerhead II, Qty: 2 (Drone Bay)
Warrior II (Drone Bay)

Ah yes... I think I like this hunting in WH's thing!

The only thing that would make it better is more people to help with the scanning and killing!

1.5 billion isk in the last couple weeks is pretty good profit and what better condition to acquire it than still damp with the tears of carebears?

HOW is recruiting! Contact GenePool Chlorinator in game if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment