Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Alliance Tourney Finals

Alliance Tourney VII was a really good time but by the end of it I was ready to make it back to HOW and get things started there again.

It might've had something to do with the setups we were using but I found it hard to get excited for the last couple of fights.

We ended up beating Morsus Mihi in the first match of the finals with a mostly Caldari setup plus myself and some other folks in small non-caldari ships.

It was a convincing win against a huge alliance and it kept them from automatically getting a berth next year while guaranteeing us one. Given all the drama about Morsus Mihi's 'relevance' and how they should be guaranteed a spot I thought it was pretty cool to be a part of knocking them out.

Our next match was against Manifest Destiny and I thought we had it in the bag as the match started. We had mostly the same Caldari ranged team against a rook, guardian, 2 tengus, 2 proteus's an ishkur and some other small stuff.

We popped their rook and some other small stuff without losing a ship. Then our target calling went awry and we tried a few targets before realizing the guardian really wasn't a bait guardian.

He died fast once we targeted him, but it was too late. We ended up having our tengu still on the field against their tengu and proteus when time ran out.

It was close... but not close enough.

As I said at the beginning, the Alliance Tourney was a lot of fun, but I'm glad to get back to normal.

The blog needs a new theme, and I think I know where I want to go with it from here.

Stay tuned for a new direction.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh. Sounds interesting! Also, great showing at the tourney. I was rooting for you guys.

    ReplyDelete