Saturday, September 26, 2009

Walk a Mile - Protector of the Unloved

As the Alliance Tourney drew to a close and I moved back over to HOW to pursue my first love, I realized something. I enjoyed the hunting and the stalking and the killing and of course the looting, but what I lacked was a sense of direction, a higher cause.

In short, my activities lacked purpose, and other the upward mobility of my pocket book, direction as well.

All men need something to strive for in order to motivate their activities. Increasing my personal wealth at other's expense wasn't going to be enough. As I reminisced over my recent activities I realized the real victims were the poor Faction Navy pilots and Sleepers who were being mercilessly exploited for the gain of my fellow capsuleers. No one considered the plight of these pilots.

I'm not certain, but I'd guess the Faction Navy recruiter failed to mention that 20+ BattleShips piloted by their most senior comrades would fail to be enough to take down even one similar class ship piloted by a capsuleer. These guys definitely needed help...

And the Sleepers? Every pilot gets a beacon alert as they warp into Sleeper controlled territory that indicates that the Sleepers just want to be left alone. Heck, their very name shouts it. These narcoleptic pilots / drones certainly didn't ask for the hordes of pilots that have descended upon their territory to exploit the wealth that they protect.

And so it was done, I had my mission... I had my purpose.

Now to exact my vengeance upon those who would exploit the pilots of Eve without the means to properly protect themselves or the ability to actively mete out revenge upon those would visit pain upon them.

It was time to force those capsuleers that would thoughtlessly murder the Faction Navy and Sleepers of Eve to Walk a Mile in the shoes of their victims.

No comments:

Post a Comment