Monday, September 7, 2009

Primal Rage

I started a third war at the same time the others went active. Might as well maximize our opportunity for carnage...

The next target was a corporation called Primal. and they had 23 pilots at the time the war started.

The sole reason for this war was a golem pilot I'd seen running missions in Dodixie. I figured he probably thought he was safe and so might be well fitted, and besides, it seemed like it'd be good fun.

And it was....

http://how.killmail.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=4024416

Even if wasn't all that well fitted :/

So... I'd accomplished my primary purpose at this point.

I convo'd the CEO to see if he'd like to let me extort him for any more profit. It turns out that Primal. fancied themselves a mercenary corporation and that he was glad for the opportunity to PvP during their 'R&R' and re-structuring.

That being said, the tin-foil hats were on again as apparently my timing was once again impeccable.

Something about a merger and a disgruntled ex-CEO. I didn't understand the whole thing, but he seemed sure that we were after more than just the Golem kill.

He was a nice enough guy, but shortly after my convo with him, I got an eve-mail from Concord.

2009.08.20 23:27
Deprived of Existence by Mercenaries of the Night has declared war on How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.
Within 24 hours fighting can legally occur between those involved.

It seems that they felt like they needed help against our little corp.

So.. these guys were cute (and most of them weren't old enough to drink).

Read the above as "They were immature bastards who were REALLY annoying in local."

If you look closely at their name you'll be able to guess their tag (DEMON for those that don't like acronyms) and they like to fly around in 4-5 man RR BS gangs.

At this point I was wishing we were larger as their tactics weren't all that good... but their numbers were enough to overcome the number of active pilots I could get on at any one time.

We ended up killing a triple tri-mark fitted geddon and losing an unrigged scorp in one engagement.

We had a mega we surprised that should've died in time for us to get away but ultimately our brutix DC'd before we got enough DPS on the mega and they got help in to save the mega (damn RRs everywhere) and kill both our brutix and our pilgrim.

I think the only other real action was a kill I got against a bait myrm while hi-sec ganking in my typhoon. I had less than 12 rounds per gun of any one ammo type but their passive tanked myrm just MELTED before their other BS and blackbird could get there to save him.

The mercs did more damage to us than we did to them, but it cost them 150m for their week of fun and we still have the Golem kill to WAY more than make up for total damage done in that little skirmish.

With more pilots we'd definitely have overpowered their mercs... but such is life

(Did I mention that HOW is recruiting?? Contact GenePool Chlorinator in game)

1 comment:

  1. I really feel like joining now... Seems like an elite unit, for super-leet pilots, though. I'm certainly not any of that.

    ReplyDelete