Saturday, September 26, 2009

Walk a Mile - Young Pilots Learn Lessons

With a renewed sense of purpose I took a deep breath and suited up for a hard day's work. It was time to carryout God's will for my life.

After flying around a bit I located a WormHole and watched a Typhoon class battleship enter the complex. Being a fan of minmatar ships myself, I was well aware of this ship's capabilities. Something told me the pilot wasn't on a humanitarian mission.

I let him go through and followed about 2 minutes later. On a whim, I warped straight to planet I at zero km. This pilot was there and already had core scanner probes out. He was definitely looking for Sleepers to harass. Lock him up, orbit, and splash a Typhoon. A quick scan of his wreck confirmed that this guy definitely wasn't bringing cake and cookies to the party.

Let this be a lesson for you other capsuleers. Predictability is bad mmmkay!?!

Later that same day I found a Drake and Dominix actively murdering Sleepers. The Sleepers were valiantly trying to defend themselves but were obviously overmatched. Even though we saw a Hurricane, a Falcon and a Brutix on scan, myself and my corp mates decided that something must be done! We couldn't stand to watch those poor sleepers get butchered!

My corp mate Tarkis (in a pilgrim) closed on the dominix and started orbiting him while cloaked. Gutted entered the wormhole in his proteus and warped (uncloaked) to Tarkis' ship at zero kilometers to make sure we didn't miss the drake as well. Quickly applying points to both we brought in the cavalry for the kills.

The hurricane and brutix pilot left us alone for the initial fight, but we found them at a planet later. We decided not to run the risk of allowing these pilots to Re-aggress the Sleepers after we'd left. Better safe than sorry!

We were unable to get warp scramblers on either the brutix (he abandoned his friends way too fast for that) or the falcon (stayed at too far of a range) but the hurricane died the death he deserved.

As we left the wormhole, my comms flashed. It was a mail from the Dominix pilot.

It seems we had actually done some good that day! Pilots DO learn lessons taught at the school of hard knocks. I'm unsure the Sleepers were better off for our activities, but the capsuleers learned a valuable lesson:

2009.09.21 04:02
heh, you guys owned us hard.. I even saw your probes on scan.. dunno why we didnt get out immediately. the greed I guess.. I wanted the salvage. when I saw the T3 ship on scan with the name: Its too late now I was like uh oh.... :P
classic moment

anyway, nice gank guys. were both new to the game and learnt an important lesson today. :P

o/

3 comments:

  1. I preferred it when you weren't surrounding otherwise leet kills with fluff. Please say you stopped in later posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... ok.. point taken. We'll see how it goes...

    ReplyDelete