Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What (if anything) DO sleeper structures drop when you pop em?

(and would you donate a Navy Mega to find out?)

After a little bit of scanning and not a whole lot of targets, some of my buddies and I decided we'd do a bit of WH carebearing.

About an hour and a half and 300mil later the WH we were in was farmed out (only 5 signatures) and our thirst for blood was kicking in again.

We scanned down 25-30 systems and found about 10 wormholes.

In the course of the evening, we missed a Proteus and Huginn combo. The Proteus dropped a Combat Scanner probe and I assumed they were looking for bait (err... targets) and so I warped my Maelstrom in to provide them with some.

I was totally kicking myself when the Sleeper wrecks started showing up on scan. I tried to warp the Maelstrom on top of them for a tackle before they saw me and got spooked but it wasn't to be. They got away, but the Proteus pilot is now in my address book. Hopefully there is more to follow on that particular tangent.

Next up, we sparred with a corp that has 7 POSs in a class 2 WH. Why the hell would anyone put that many posses up in a WH? Especially a class 2?

I had just commented that they must be a pain in the ass to keep fueled when the Falcon watching the outside of a WH announced over comms that an Itty V was outside the WH.

I warped to the WH (I had been scanning for other targets) to discover that they had a Phobos watching the WH side of the gate. Of COURSE he decloaked me. I started shooting at him in the Proteus for grins knowing he could always jump through when an Astarte shows up and joins the fray.

I'm not sure how this is going to play out at this point but the Falcon pilot then does 2 things.

1. Tells me the Bestower has decided to jump to my side of the WH.

(I've decided anonymity isn't going to last long anyway and I'm probably just being vain to think that too many people will a) read this blog or b) care. Posting killboard links is MUCH easier)

http://www.freelancerunion.co.uk/eve-killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=16753

2. Reminds me he is there and asks if I want help.

We also have a Tengu available along with the Falcon and the Maelstrom so we all jump in and start firing away. The Astarte is called primary for jams and damage and is quickly forced to jump through the WH to safety.

They land a Megathron on the gate who starts shooting at me as well.

I'm amazed, but even with the Mega (who was admittedly very close and probably rail fit), the Phobos and the Astarte pounding on me my tank held amazingly well!

To be fair... the Falcon probably had a fair amount to do with that :).

We start trying to get points and bumps on the other ships but they were all able to either jump through the WH or warp back to their POS to find safety.

Oh well.. it was fun. We just need to bump better!

At this point the Tengu pilot says he needs to go to bed and I jokingly tell him "I'm glad to hear it... it's time for another Marauder or Faction BS kill".

I got the appropriate 'Yeah Right' and off he went.

From there it was a lot of scanning and not much action until I found a Hulk happily mining crokite in a WH belt.

Seriously? Crokite?

In any case, the Falcon pilot was still on with me but decided not to come in because it looked like the Hulk might have back up coming towards the hole and we wanted to be able to respond with foreknowledge of what we were up against.

http://www.freelancerunion.co.uk/eve-killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=16755


And then it happened.

I warped into the same WormHole that the three of us had been carebearing it up in to see a Navy Megathron on scan with 5 hobgoblin I's on scan.

I immediately woke up and started the stalk. A few scans later I had a warp-in, but couldn't decide if I needed to wait for him to clear the spawn or not.

It turned out that the pilot was in an empty anomaly, shooting railguns at a sleeper structure.

He didn't even start shooting back until he was entering armor.


http://www.freelancerunion.co.uk/eve-killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=16756

And for good measure... I convo'd the guy afterwards:

dryden01 > hi
Me > So what drops when you blow up sleeper structures? dryden01 > no idea I was just trying to find out if they drop?
Me > Cool.. I always wondered that also
dryden01 > when I was rudely interrupted Me > Shame none of the faction stuff dropped :(
dryden01 > what off my ship?
dryden01 > you did loose out there dryden01 > I had some good tec 2 kit on that ship gutted > well... the Domination web and the energized adaptive nano membrane would've been nicedryden01 > yep they were nice
dryden01 > all gone now
Me> it's a shame
Me > so.. can you afford to buy a new one?
dryden01 > yes and when what I have on sale sells enough to buy 2 new ships
Me > can I have a loan?
dryden01 > after what you just did !
Me > yeah.. but I did cause I don't have enough to support myself
Me > I have to turn to a life of crime
Me > and all the good stuff blew up
Me > this will barely pay for the ammo :(
dryden01 > good. Crime should not pay!



(I decided to change tactics here and get a little more evil)

Me > those drones of yours almost got me into armor

Me > you did pretty good :)

dryden01 > your lucky I normaly carry tec 2 hammerheads

dryden01 > into your amour they would have been through your amour

Me > yeah... you're right.. I got VERY lucky there

Me > you could've easily killed me with that much damage



All in all... another satisfying night!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, good read =) I think a pirate faction BS is in order next.

    ReplyDelete