Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sleipnir > Elite Gallente Frigates

Still scanning away for WormHoles and looking for targets but it seems that things are quieter tonight. No massive targets.... almost no targets at all for that matter.

It might be time to move into phase 2 of the operation and do some Concord Sanctioned hits on mission runners. Both them and wormhole carebears appear to have more isk than brains!

Do War Decs still cost 2mil per week for the first, 4mil per week for the second and 6mil per week for the third as long as I just Dec other corps and not Alliances?

I guess we'll find out soon enough. Even if its more than that, I'm confident that an hour or so in wormhole space indulging in carebear style activities will pay the costs (and give the targets time to get complacent again).

Anyway... back to tonight's activities. After scanning down 25 systems we only found about 7 WormHoles. I don't know if that's normal but we may have farmed out our quotient of stupid wormhole targets in this area for the weak. I decide that I'm moving to a new area tomorrow. Can't be any worse than tonight.

The sum total of tonight's experience came down to having found a Class 1 WormHole in the major trade hub of the area. Unable to take the Maelstrom in for fun and carnage, I decided to take in the carebear Sleipnir. Mind you, this thing doesn't even have a point.

The Proteus would have to fulfill tackling duties and so I parked him on the inside of the hole and the Sleipnir ready in the vicinity of the outside. Finally, the Nemesis and..... shuttle? WTF? warp to the WH from the inside and jump out into the trade hub. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Back to administrative duties while I wait.

Fast forward 30 minutes. The shuttle pilot comes back in an Ishkur and the Nemesis jumps through the hole with him first. Next on scan is an Absolution! Finally... a legit target. This could get decent.

The Ishkur jumps through the wormhole followed quickly by the Absolution and they all warp off in the direction of a planet. I follow with the Proteus only to find that they've gone to a safe instead of the planet and that they aren't there to tackle. I decide that my best bet was to warp back to the WormHole and see what happens next.

Wonder of Wonders the Ishkur decides to warp back to the WormHole at 30km. Strange... but strangely perfect for my plans.

In warps the Sleipnir to jump through the WormHole, decloak and start laying the hits down on the Ishkur. I can't point him in this ship, but maybe he'll die before he warps. It turns out that the 20km he was away from me when I decloaked allowed the Sleipnir to put perfect hits on him. About 10 seconds later he was dead and it was time to start work on the Nemesis and Abso that had warped in as the fight began.

The Nemesis crumpled under a single volley. 2 down.. the only REAL target to go.

Laying bumps on wormholes is fairly hard. Laying bumps on wormholes with ships that have no MWD fit is even harder. I tried anyway.

The Absolution was going into armor (and my tank was holding quite nicely) when the pilot commented in local:

Nealious > might as well stop

Ok.. so they may not know that warping frigates to a sleipnir at range is a bad idea, but I suppose I have to acknowledge that they are smart enough to realize you don't get an agression timer on wormholes.

Oh well... better luck next time!

All three of these guys are part of Space Lobsters. Worthy enough name I suppose.. but it seems that someone needs to teach these guys the finer points of Eve's version of Paper, Rock, Scissors. I so enjoy handing out lessons!

Pro-tip: Frigates really shouldn't warp at range to Sleipnirs.


Regardless, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to realize that the Ishkur pilot (who had left in the shuttle less than 30 minutes later) had probably only just bought that ship and then promptly lost it again in the next 5-10 minutes.

Eve Life is harsh sometimes!


http://www.freelancerunion.co.uk/eve-killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=16783

http://www.freelancerunion.co.uk/eve-killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=16782


(editor's note: Thanks for the feedback, both positive and negative. Please keep it coming!

I'll work on the tone of the posts and trying to shorten them by focusing on individual fights instead of walls of text to describe an entire night).

No comments:

Post a Comment