Sunday, August 16, 2009

Smartbombs for hi-sec ganking are bad mmmkay!!!

So... I decided to try my hand at hi-sec ganking. I've never done it before... and it seems to be a decent way to make isk. The WormHoles had been slow... and I was looking for something new to try...


In looking at the dps potential, it seemed that a Typhoon with a full rack of smartbombs would offer the best DPS with the added bonus of not being affected by Concord's jamming and potentially getting a few extra targets.

You guys probably all know where this is going already... but I somehow forgot about the sec status hit associated with kills.

Long story short.. I found a Mammoth afk hauling a Hulk and some other goodies and decided to go for him.

I got him... along with a helios that dropped a Sister's probe launcher (unexpected goodness), a reaper pilot and a thrasher pilot. (about 200m in loot all told)

Unfortunately for me... I inadvertantly podded two of them. My status went from -1.0 to -5.15 instantly.

As one of my corpies put it, "that's quite the penalty box for a little piracy".


Almost 5 hours of ratting later I'm back to -3.5 or so... but it's a long boring haul back to a status that will let me roam empire.

In other news.. I have 3 wars going active at some point tonight. I guess my ratting to fix my sec status will give the targets time to get complacent before I come after them.

No comments:

Post a Comment