Sunday, March 21, 2010

Before you can beat them... you have to join them...

I am a new pod pilot. I've invested my life's savings in joining the capsuleer program and outfitting my first ship.

Like most new pilots in Eve, I'm starting out by training learning skills to shorten the time it will take me to train to the truly essential skills. I know this isn't really helping me get to the ships I'll need to kill Marauders and Faction Battleships fit with 3,000,000,000 isk worth of officer mods, but it will help me be more flexible in the future. Flexibility may be key in being able to take down the pride and joy of a 3+ year old pod pilot with one that is less than a month old.

I've also realized that in order to convince other corporations to invite me into their confidence, I'll need to make my story believable. Unfortunately, this means I have to act like them. I'll need to have some kind of standings for the corporation that they primarily run missions for in order to convince them I'm serious about being a contributing member of their little racket.

After two hours of killing disgruntled employees and stopping minor pirate blockades I'm ready to gouge my eyes out. How do these guys do this for hours on end?

Only the promise of joining some mission-runner corp and teaching them a lesson is fueling my desire to continue.

It certainly isn't the 1,300,000 isk I've made in the last hour.

3 comments:

  1. train connections to lvl 3, allows you to skip lvl 1 missions and move on to lvl 2 (which will raise standings a lot faster)

    alternatively, bribe some mission runner with sexual favors to share standings with you as he runs

    why can't you just buy a char with standings? a lot easier than manually doing it. tbh you will get bored waaaay before you manage to raise them up enough ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a chance that a mission runner corp won't look at your standings when you ask, all you need to do is say you want to run missions with people and your in. That was the impression I got from C&P anyway. And make sure to remember you can't be booted from a corp while in space :)

    Good to see your writing again m8.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured out the bit about 'Connections' right after I made this post... I only had to train it to 2 because I'd already done enough level 1 missions for 2 to be enough to get me to a decent quality level 2 agent.

    I've been stuck at work most of last week, but have gotten the learning skills mostly out of the way and am working on the basics of what I'll need that are INT/MEM intensive.

    I'll probably remap and start on the ship skills soon. :)

    ReplyDelete